If you are an energetic & ambitious individual with a passion for sales, researching and investigating new clients through different avenues and platforms then this role is for you!
Sporting Group International, a global sports marketing and sponsorship agency, are looking for a dynamic Brand Partnerships Executive who is able to "hit the ground running" and help to shape the next phase of our incredible journey, prospecting & connecting with some of the biggest brands in the world.
Typical tasks will include lead generation via outbound sales working through target call/email lists and social media (e.g. LinkedIn.) You may also be involved in responding to inbound enquiries and supporting the Head of Sponsorship with other ad-hoc sales and marketing initiatives. You will be required to generate new sponsorship opportunities for the Head of Sponsorship which go on to have a high conversion rate and utilise SGI’s CRM system to manage key data and information.
Identifying new business opportunities:
- Support Head of Sponsorship to identify new business opportunities.
- Research global client lists to identify new business opportunities in line with the Sponsorship teams strategy.
- Scan the market and competition to identify new trends and opportunities.
- Provide a dedicated and consistently high level of service to prospective and current Partners
- Build detailed knowledge of Partner’s businesses
- Provide detailed updates on the status of Partner activity on a regular basis
- Proactive sales role
- Key account management
- Research new leads
- To maintain accurate, database records of all accounts, detailing content of all meetings and telephone conversations held with clients via Sporting Group International CRM
- Assist as required in chasing up and converting existing business via established relationships
- Ability to identify opportunities and show initiative
- Identify relevant leads
- Communicate the value of a sports sponsorship/partnership to new leads
- Liaise with global top-tier current and potential clients
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience of generating new business leads & account management
- Achieving weekly/monthly targets
- Proven background working in a proactive sales role – in either sport, media or hospitality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels both internally and externally with ability to build and manage successful business relationships
- Outstanding communication, organisational skills, time management & verbal skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work in a demanding environment
- Pro-active approach with ability to work under own initiative and also in a team
- Experience with CRM reporting
- Must be skilled and comfortable with using MS Office – Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Be a team player
- Commercial acumen
- Experience of managing multiple client accounts, preferably in a sponsorship or marketing environment
- Process driven with strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to follow key trends and apply them and integrate them into a strategic approach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possession of level of gravitas with ability to confidently present business cases to senior management
- Ability to be flexible with work duties and hours as required by the team and business
- Good attention to detail and takes responsibility for the accuracy of their work
- High energy; ability to remain focused on sales goals and work independently
- Must possess a genuine desire to exceed both consumer expectations and sales
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Full UK driving license (desired)
- Minimum 5 GCSE grades A*-C including English and Maths
- Degree in relevant subject related to the business