The purpose of the Conference and Events Sales Manager role is to generate income from meetings, events and conference hire at the client's Stadium.
The Conference and Events Sales Manager role can be broken down into 4 key areas of accountability:
- Responsible for the conference and events sales budget
- Responsible for developing a sales plan to drive new business and expand the customer base
- Nurture relationships to build loyalty and continually monitor sales activity to actively seek ways to upsell products and services
- Proactively account manage existing clients by maintaining relationships, making courtesy calls, and gathering feedback to continuously improve the service offered.
- Supervise the enquiry handling process through monitoring, supervision and regular reviews to ensure all leads and activities are effectively and continuously followed up to maximise revenue conversion. Paying particular attention to the 2-hour window given from the point of agent contact to enhance possibility of conversion.
- Work closely with venue booking agents to ensure they are aware of the latest offerings, commission rates and venue capabilities.
2) Sales Coordination
- Manage online platforms to ensure organisation is of high priority when searching for a venue
- Identify and proactively source new leads through research, networking events, exhibitions and online platforms to maximise income and fill available capacity.
- Monitor and regularly review competitors to ensure that the bet365 Stadium remains competitive as a Conference and Events venue by maintaining relationships with peers at local and regional venues, attending open events, and completing regular competitor research.
- Assist in the development of a strong brand and market position for the Conference & Event Venue by ensuring there is a detailed marketing plan in place, keeping it fresh and relevant at all times.
- Achieve a reputation for excellent customer service, ensuring a prominent presence within the industry by working collaboratively with our suppliers to offer a seamless and fluid service at the club.
- Attend functions, conferences, shows or exhibitions to continually promote the venue.
- Oversee the day-to-day Conference & Event operation, effectively managing all team members to ensure that the customer’s needs are identified, and expectations are met and always exceeded
- Manage the sales administration function, creating effective systems and procedures for booking and administering events, streamlining wherever possible.
- Produce weekly and monthly sales, KPI and occupancy rate reports.
- Ensure self and others conduct themselves in a manner that adheres to, complies with and supports the Club’s policies and procedures in accordance with but not exclusive to Health and Safety, Equality & Diversity, the Premier League and Football Association
- Adhere to the Club Code of Conduct at all times
- Understand and adhere to the Club’s safeguarding procedures and externally issued guidelines (e.g. Keeping Children Safe in Education)
- Act upon safeguarding and welfare concerns identified or raised and report them to an appropriate individual
- Ensure all personal data is collected, stored and disposed of in line with General Data Protection Regulation
- Follow all organisation's security protocols
- Adhere to any other reasonable requests that meet the needs of the business
Support a culture (behaviours, words and actions) that demonstrates that the Club’s workforce supports a commitment to the equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion.