This is an exciting opportunity to join our as a Senior Partnerships Manager. Managing a team of 6 (with view to growing) you will have overall responsibility of the commercial contribution and satisfaction of the clients 18 partners.
As part of your role, you will directly manage some of our clients biggest partners ensuring that the partnership is flourishing with a keen focus on cultivating the relationship between club and brand. With a focus on delivering outstandingly smart, engaging and ROI focused activations for partners, the Head of Partnership Management will be responsible for delivering high levels of satisfaction across their portfolio – and ultimately partners keen to develop their relationship with the organisation further.
- Day-to-day account management of several of the organisations partnerships including their principal partner. Will include regular meetings and management of partner to deliver partnership objectives.
- Create committed, productive and strategic relationships with their partnership portfolio by focussing all parties on fulfilling their operational and contractual obligations whilst maximising the opportunities their rights afford them.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and agencies.
- Present activation plans and schedules to the partners for approval.
- Lead partner meetings and always present the partnership team as a world-class, strategic and action orientated operation.
- Manage the partnership team – develop their skills in Relationship Management – strategic approach, selling great activation ideas, time management and task prioritisation.
- Lead the renewal strategy for partnership portfolio – delivering a long term strategy against each partner with a focus on developing their relationship further and maximising any additional commercial opportunities both parties can mutually benefit from.
- Manage the full delivery of commercial rights and be subject matter expert across a variety of activations including (but not limited to) digital, event, experiential, hospitality, matchday and advertising.
- Monitor, measure, and evaluate programs to ensure they are delivering against set objectives; provide POVs on how to increase ROI.
- Ensure that all rights are delivered as per contracts and all opportunities maximised for partners.
- Coordinate and manage internal stakeholders to integrate the sponsorship programs into their strategic plans. Manage pre-match meetings and relevant actions.
- Brief and manage (on and off site) external suppliers and agencies and ensure they deliver against contracts and to defined standard.
- Apply problem solving techniques throughout planning phase and on-site to overcome any issues.
- Research and plan new programs which deliver against partner briefs.
- Prepare and present program plans, timelines, status reports.
- Remain up to date on industry standards and movements.
- Monitor performance at both campaign and partner level to ensure that all ROI / brand targets are delivered.
- Forensic understanding of the business of our partners and use insight to develop plans that are viable and important to the future growth of their business.
- Work closely with the partnership development team including being part of the pitch process or advising on new assets / activations that could be commercialised by our client.
- Any additional duties as decided by SLT.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education / Qualifications / Experience:
- Educated to degree level in marketing, business or a related subject, or equivalent experience. (E)
- Deep account management experience with significant blue-chip businesses across numerous industries and verticals including gambling. (E)
- Practical experience in working with talent (athlete or influencer) and ability to direct shoots / campaigns. (D)
- Significant experience in managing relationships. Critical experience in building trusting strategic relationships and friendships with senior C-Suite executives within business. (E)
- Significant team management experience with a track record in being a great leader and team player. Able to harness energy of team to lead to fantastic results. Ability to guide, motivate, persuade, innovate and lead change. (E)
- Experience of acting as a brand guardian; protecting brand assets and evaluating written and creative work against the value proposition/ brand guidelines (E)
- Experience of working within a professional sports environment would be an advantage (E)
Abilities / Skills / Knowledge
- Creative and dynamic with sound knowledge of all marketing platforms and proven experience in driving the creative and campaign strategy of Blue Chip clients – brand positioning, marketing plans, creative proposition, above and below the line campaigns. (E)
- Commercially astute and strategically sound; analytical, big picture, long term thinking. (E)
- Self-motivated and goal oriented individual. (E)
- Comfortable handling own operational workload. (E)
- Hands-on / can-do attitude and with strong problem solving skills and the ability to Thrive in a fast paced environment (D)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. (E)
- Excellent planning, project management and organisational skills. (E)