Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional leadership and vision to deliver a strong financial and operational performance, whilst ensuring a positive work-place culture and environment.
- Lead a team a Duty Managers to develop new programmes and activities to maximise use of the facility.
- Developing and maintaining consistently high levels of customer care showcasing high engagement, ownership and demonstrating what a 5-star leisure facility looks like.
- Complete all risk assessments and health and safety compliance procedures and protocols in line with centre management best practice and organisation's policies.
- Oversee the implementation of the new Gladstone Leisure Management System and efficiently manage the booking schedule and programme of activities.
- Responsible for managing and producing staff rotas and ensuring optional staffing levels are maintained to support the individual business operations of the centre.
- On rotation be responsible for opening and closing the Leisure Box carrying out security and safeguarding checks.
- Network at senior level with key partners, stakeholders and community leaders in order to maintain relationships at the highest level to secure significant support and ongoing development of the Leisure Box.
- Work collaboratively with wider organisation's functions and teams to deliver impactful community engagement programmes.
- Responsibility for the recruitment, training, and performance of the team.
- Development of the team through coaching and feedback, ensuring standards are kept to optimum levels.
- Acting as the driving force behind the execution of high standards across the facility.
- Work with the Head of Facilities to ensure that The Leisure Box operates within agreed income and expenditure budgets across all areas of the operation.
- Ensure optimum working condition and cleanliness of all fitness, soft play, climbing wall equipment, and safeguarding the repair, maintenance, and cleanliness thereof.
- Oversee the administration and upkeep of all centre paperwork.
- Maintaining accurate statistical information, ensuring programme participation and retention targets are met for funded projects.
- Working with the organisation's Marketing team to promote the facility and its activities.
- To understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- Willingness to undertake professional development (CPD) by participating in staff development and training activities, including Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity.
- Demonstrate the brand values at all times.
- Promote the brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other departments as and when required to promote best practice.
- Any other duties as reasonably required by line management.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – LEISURE CENTRE MANAGER
- Degree level qualification or comparable experience.
- A positive attitude towards professional development and their own learning.
- Health and Safety qualification.
- First aid certificate.
- Fire Marshal certificate.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Commercially astute.
- A strong operational background in a similar field such as managing a gym or leisure centre.
- Prior experience of using and managing Leisure Industry CMS platforms
- Experience of managing staff.
- Experienced in planning effective staff deployment and rotas.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience of managing projects.
- Experience in optimising revenue and overall business performance.
- Experience of developing partnerships in a community setting.
- Knowledge of the Gladstone management system.
- A passion for the community and making a difference.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to connect with a number of key partners, shareholders and community leaders
- Ability to maintain high levels of organisation.
- Inspiring leader.
- Creative problem solver.
- Full of determination, enthusiasm, and patience. Meticulous standards.
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
- Highly motivated, determined, and conscientious.
- Good judgement and knowing when to seek advice or support.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and resilience.
- An organised and efficient approach to work.
- Flexible, helpful, and responsive.
- Willingness to have a full DBS check.
- A commitment to the aims, vision, and values of the organisation.