Working under the direction of the Head of Coaching & Sports Science (HCSS), the individual will be required to (amongst other things): -
- Assist the HCSS to recruit, train, support and retain an appropriate Coach Education workforce (inc. Tutors, Assessors and Internal Verifiers) to deliver Levels 1 to 4
- Co-ordinate and deliver a programme of coach education, development and support to meet development and performance objectives
- Work in conjunction with our Awarding Body (ASQ) to ensure the PGA continues to meet quality assurance standards
- Provide quarterly qualification reports to PGA, ASQ and other bodies as required
- Monitor and standardise delivery, assessment and verification practice to ensure the ASQ standards are met
- Gather a representative sample of delivery, assessment and verification decisions and candidate evidence to ensure quality assurance requirements are met
- Co-ordinate and support the Coach Education Administrators to establish annual coach education programmes in line with identified need
- Develop, produce and upload learning materials via the MS Office packages on to the Learning Management Systems (LMS). These will include pdfs, webinars, online assessments, and videos, etc.
- Set up and administer meetings with tutors, assessors, markers, partners and others as and when required
- Develop, monitor, support and provide mentoring opportunities for a network of tutor/assessors to enable the effective delivery of appropriate coach education across GB&I
Experience that is essential for the role includes:
- Background in coach development, coach education, and/or sports development;Experience of providing development support to organisations (e.g. National Governing Body, Sports Partnerships, Local Authority, schools);
- Experience of working independently and evidence of the ability to self-manage workload to meet multiple deadlines;
- IT literate using a range of packages including MS Office;
- Experience of working within the golf industry (desirable)
This is an outstanding opportunity for the successful candidate to gain experience within an organisation that delivers cutting-edge education.
In addition to a competitive salary, the Association is offering membership of the pension scheme and (after a qualifying period) membership of the private healthcare, group income protection and group life assurance schemes.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 35 hours per week around the core hours of the business (9 am until 5 pm Monday to Friday).
Closing date for applications is 5pm, 7th August 2019.